Monday, January 21, 2013

STRETCH


Jesus said, “It shall be done to you according to your faith.”   Matthew 9:29 (NAS)

“The first and most basic habit of a highly effective person in any environment is the habit of proactivity.” – Stephen Covey

Stretch with challenges.  Like a rubber band, you become useful when you’re stretched.  What will you do this week to stretch your faith?  What will you do this week to deepen your belief in God’s love for you?  What will you do this week to become more effective in your serving of others?  What steps will you take to trust God more this week?  What do you anticipate from God this week?  “It will be done to you according to your faith.”

1 comment:

  1. Gordon and I are really stretching our challenges in 2013. It will be a test of faith and balance. Balancing our rubber band so that it isn't stretched in unhealthy ways that would cause it to break leaving our faith dangling. It already has been a year of amazing blessings resulting from our commitment of faith. God doesn't waste time and we both realize we needed to follow his lead. I plan to stretch my faith this week by locking up my control issues; I'll deepen my belief by reading my Bible leaning on God's truth, promises and love in His words; I plan to serve others by learning more about the gifts that God has given me so that my service will be effective; I will trust God this week by practicing total surrender through a prayerful heart, acting on his wisdom and instruction, and praising Him in advance of answered prayer and blessings; I anticipate great things from God...I will look for the good in all things this week which will be evidence of his love and greatness. Father God, Help me to stretch my rubber band of faith so that it will reflect your love, mercy, forgiveness and strength. Help me to balance my life so that I don't jeopardize my faith. Thank you for loving me and giving me such an abundant life. I look forward to April 6th when you walk me down the aisle as Gordon and I show our true love, faith and commitment to honor your will for our lives. Thank you for showing me your greatness as that is my anchor in the future when times may be hard. All these things I ask and give praise for in Jesus name according to your will. Amen

    ReplyDelete