Monday, June 10, 2013

GIVING YOURSELF, GAINING HAPPINESS

David said, “Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you” (Psalm 86:4 NLT).
In this psalm as David prays to God he expresses steadfast truths about God’s faithfulness, truth, love, and personal involvement in our lives.  God responds to our trust in Him, and giving ourselves to Him is what trust is all about.  It’s about being “all in” for God and what He says.

To give yourself to God give Him:

1.  YOUR ATTENTION
Save me, for I serve you and trust you.  You are my God. v. 2 (NLT)

2.  YOUR TRUST
I put my trust in you. v. 4

3.  PRAISE
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you… you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. vs. 5, 10

4.  YOUR MIND
Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! v. 11a

5.  YOUR WILL
Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. v. 11b

6.  YOUR EMOTIONS
With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. v. 12a (NLT)

7.  YOUR ACTIONS
I will glorify your name forever. v. 12b

8.  CONTROL
Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of your servant; save me, because I serve you… v. 16

Give yourself to the Lord and He will be gracious to you and fulfill His promises in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment