Monday, November 25, 2013

THANKSGIVING – A RESPONSE TO GOD’S GRACE

      Thanksgiving is our response to God’s grace.  Through the prophet Hosea in the Old Testament God reminds the people of Israel of His grace to them:  “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.  But the more they were called, the more they went away from me.  They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images.  It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them.  I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love.  To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them” (Hosea 11:1-4).
      The application to all believers in the Lord God is that He loves His people as His children.  He calls them, even though they tend to be disobedient and go the other way away from Him.  He teaches them.  He carries them.  He heals them.  He leads them with bonds of love.  He bends down to feed them.
      Take the time this Thanksgiving to respond to His grace to you. Thank Him for loving you as His child.  Thank Him for calling you to a purpose in life.  Thank Him for what He’s teaching you.  Thank Him for carrying you.  Thank Him for healing you.  Thank Him for leading you.  Thank Him for feeding you.
      With an attitude of thanksgiving listen to His calling and go in His direction.  Learn from what He teaches you.  Rest in His embrace.  As God matures and heals you, live it.  Stay enthralled with His love for you and follow His lead.  With humility and thankfulness be fed from God’s gracious hand.  Let His Word nourish you and satisfy you.  This is how we respond to God’s grace with thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment