Monday, February 13, 2012

THE BLESSING OF THIRST

“I will pour water upon him who is thirsty”, Isaiah 44:3 (Amp)

God chooses to bless people. He provides for them. He satisfies them. But there is a prerequisite in order to receive His blessings and inner satisfaction. He says He will “pour water on him who is thirsty.” Those who are thirsty for Him and His truth are the ones who are satisfied. He doesn’t satisfy everyone; only those who recognize their own spiritual drought. And they thirst for God.

Jesus said, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” Matthew 5:6. We must be thirsty for righteousness before we are satisfied. That means thirsty for what God says are the “right things and the right way of living.” In other words God provides a way for us to live that pleases Him and satisfies us. And we discover that we thirst for that kind of life, and it can only be found in Christ. Jesus said, “Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14. Drink from the “Living Water” and you experience the fullness of life welling up in you.

If you want to know heart-felt complete satisfaction, thirst for the ways and truths of God. He will supply everything you need and fill you with His grace.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful message. As I sit here this morning in my quiet time with the Lord, I began thinking of how physical thirst is related to spiritual thirst. When we don't drink enough water we can become dehydrated causing an imbalance of chemicals in our body. We become fatigue, confused, weak, frightened, and sick. In severe cases we can also die physically from lack of water (fluids). It is also true when we don't quench our spiritual thirst with God's words of truth, wisdom, forgiveness and love. We become fatigued (hopeless), confused (lose our direction), weak (susceptible to sin), frightened (doubt our salvation), and sick ("throwing up" excuses.) We become dead inside. Lord, today I pray that I will always thirst for you and that I will carry my bucket to your well everyday to fill it with your truth and love so that my body, mind and spirit will not become fatigued, confused, weak, frightened, or sick. Help me Lord to keep the inside and outside of my being alive. It is your forgiveness that creates within me a balance of purpose. I give you all the praise and glory in this day and the days to come for satisfying my thirst in you. Thy will be done...in your precious son's name Jesus...Amen.

    ReplyDelete