Monday, January 30, 2012

PERSONALLY DESIGNED BY GOD

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. Psalm 119:73

God made you and formed you. You’re handmade by God. He continues to form you and shape you. He’s more concerned with what’s inside than what’s outside. He looks at the inner you. He is shaping and making your character. He is more concerned with your character than your convenience and comfort. Job said “Your hands shaped me and made me,”…“Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?” Job 10:8; 31:15.

As a believer in the Lord, you belong to Him. You are not your own. You are His. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3.

The Lord already has plans for you. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; Psalm 138:8. He has a purpose for you and He will work it out for your life. After all, He made you and He made you on purpose for a purpose.

The Lord has recorded the exact number of days you will live. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16 (NLT). God has given you an exact number of years and days, down to the hour and minute of life. He has recorded your starting time and your stopping time.

God sent you with instructions in order to accomplish your purpose in a specified amount of time. He personally handmade each of us for a unique purpose. Be who God created you to be because you’re the only one who can do what God created you to do.

1 comment:

  1. This message really opened my eyes to why sometimes my life seems to be more complicated than it needs or should be...and that is because I'm constantly trying to redesign my life. I'm going to be brutally honest which is the best soap for the soul. How often have I let my outsides ( how I look) validate my worth and God's acceptance of me? How often do I worry about the number of days I have left on this earth instead of making those days count for something? How often did I say when I had my children that I wish they came with instructions, forgetting that instruction book is the Bible? Why do I waste time trying to figure out my purpose on earth, forgetting that the most important purpose is to lead people to Christ? I'm beginning to see a lot of (I's) in my comments...no wonder my life stays so complicated. For today LORD, help me replace the I's in my life with "you." Help me to remember that I don't need to redesign myself to fit into this temporary home. Help me to understand I already have your love, mercy and forgiveness when I stray from your purpose for me. Help me to always remember that trying to get a life isn't as important as having a life in you and leading others to eternal life through you. May I always remember that the flaws in my humanness don't destroy the art in the masterpiece you created. Let my frame always reflect your love, mercy, and forgiveness. I give you all the praise and glory for your perfect design and purpose for me...in your precious son's name Jesus...thy will be done. Amen

    ReplyDelete