Monday, January 23, 2012

YOUR MEASURE OF FAITH

The Apostle Paul said, “For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one”. Romans 12:3 (HCSB)

Every Christian does not have the same measure of faith. Every Christian does not have the same spiritual gifts. Every Christian doesn’t have the same abilities. Every Christian doesn’t have the same opportunities. Your measure of faith is from God. It’s what He gave you. He gave each of us a certain amount of capacity to believe. And that’s what we’re responsible for.

Don’t compare yourself with others and their faith. They have a different measure of faith, and they are responsible to God for their measure of faith. It may be more. It may be less. It may be with many opportunities. It may be with few opportunities. It’s useless and counterproductive to compare. You can only be who God gave you the faith to be. Your influence for Christ will look different than someone else's and their influence will look different than yours.

What’s important is that we develop to the fullest the gifts, abilities, opportunities, and measures of faith God has given each of us, while at the same time accepting the limits of our measures of faith. This helps us to accept who God made us to be.

The Bible teaches that as you exercise the amount of faith you have, the opportunities to use it will increase. Then your opportunities to trust God will increase. This is what Jesus teaches in the Parable of the Talents, and He concludes by saying, “For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have more than enough. But from the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.” Matthew 25:29 (HCSB)

God measures out the opportunities for you, and He’s give you a measure of faith for those opportunities. Use them to the fullest and take joy in becoming who God created you to be.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you God for your perfect timing...I needed this message today. My faith is being tested in a mighty way and I never thought about the fact that your measure of faith could be different for each of us. I always believed that you will see me through the storms, but at the point that the dam bursts and the tears fall I felt I had let you down due to my lack of faith. I wonder how to discover my measure of faith...perhaps its in the moment when our faith feels so stretched...that we kneel down or raise our hands to you and give you everything. Not just our faith but our heart, our pain, our confusion, our fears, our praise. Help me Lord to see the opportunities in the storms that test my faithfulness. I give you all the praise and glory as we walk this path together...as always...thy will not mine be done. In your precious son's name I ask these things...Amen

    ReplyDelete