Monday, January 9, 2012

FOLLOWING GOD’S PLAN

The Apostle Paul said:
“I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me”. Philippians 1:23-26

Paul was talking about feeling pressured from two directions: to go home to Heaven and be with Christ, or remain for the progress of the Gospel for the people’s sake. He saw that remaining was better for them.

Paul had a sacrificial attitude. He gave up his preference in order to serve the people at Philippi for the progress of the Gospel. You get to choose one of two plans for living out your life; your plan or God’s plan for you. The opportunity is to choose God’s plan and experience a rewarding fulfilled life. Proverbs 19:21 says, Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

According to the verse in Philippians 1:23-26, following God’s plan involves:

1. Sacrifice and putting aside your preferences.

2. Serving others more than yourself.

3. Being convinced of God’s plan for your life.

4. Jesus Christ is exalted.

Really living is living out God’s plan for your life by serving others. Make the year ahead of you a year of service and live God’s way.

1 comment:

  1. I've often wondered why doing the right thing can feel so difficult at times. Then I remembered your message on building character through our adversities. In this new year I pray that instead of wishing I was with Christ in his home that I'll remember that the door to my home should always be open to Christ. I've also learned that sacrifices are gifts that will allow me to grow and share what I've learned. I still struggle with understanding God's specific plan for my life but know it will only be revealed when I take the action of becoming more obedient. Today Lord, I invite you to come live in my home with me...decorate it with your love and light so that I can see more clearly your plan for me. Thank you for all that I am and all that I have. I give you all the praise and glory and ask only that thy will be done...in Christ's precious name...Amen.

    ReplyDelete