Monday, July 23, 2012

TAKE COURAGE


When you get discouraged or feel down and begin to entertain negative thoughts, take the time to be reminded of God’s presence and direction in your life.   The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deut. 31:8.  The Lord is already on the road ahead of you and He’ll be there when you get there.  He already is where you’re going to be.  Not only is He already where you’re going to be, He is always with you on the journey there. 

He is preparing the way ahead of you.  That means He is leading you if you’re surrendered to Him and obeying what you know He says to do.  And as you are living surrendered to His leadership, He is going ahead of you working in your relationships, your circumstances, and your life purpose for your good. 

God says He will never abandon you.  He will never leave.  He will always be with you through everything.  When others leave or disappoint you, the Lord stays with you and remains reliable and loving. 

What God wants us to do is take courage and believe in Him.  He wants us to not be afraid or discouraged or anxious.  He has you surrounded and He is leading you.  Go forward and trust that He will be there because He already is.

1 comment:

  1. I asked myself first, "do I know what courage really is?" Defined by the dictionary it is, "The quality or state of mind or spirit enabling one to face danger or hardship with confidence and resolution." Then I asked myself, "do I have this?" What I discovered when looking back on some of the hardships I've gone through that sometimes I did and sometimes I didn't. I also discovered that the times I experienced the most courage was when I trusted God completely. The times I allowed little pockets of doubt into my cloak of courage it was like letting moths eat through the fabric of my faith. The worry, stress, anxiety and hopelessness was overwhelming. It was only when I came to God with my tattered cloak of courage trusting and believing in His promises that He mended my cloak and restored my courage. Father God, I thank you for always loving me and forgiving me of my weaknesses. I pray that I will continue to take courage through my true faith in knowing that you honor all your promises. Help me to recognize that the tentacles of anxiety and stress will always strangle my desire to be courageous. Father I pray for the confidence to strike down all the insecurities that Satan uses to attack me. All these things I ask in your precious son's name Jesus according to your will...Amen

    ReplyDelete