Monday, June 11, 2012

WAITING ON GOD’S BLESSING


Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:  “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” Matt. 4:5-7

Jesus was tempted by the devil to jump from the top of the temple and trust God to catch Him and protect Him.  Instead of giving in, Jesus responded by saying that “testing” the Lord God was wrong.
When you face temptation or you go through a difficult time or if it seems you’re treading water and your dreams are not being realized, or your prayers aren’t being answered immediately or the way you thought they would be, don’t be impatient with God and rebel against Him.  That only displeases Him and delays His blessings in your life.
Take to heart some of the things God tells us about how to trust Him through whatever it is you’re going through:

As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.  I thirst for God, the living God.  … Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—my Savior and my God! Psalm 42:1, 5-6 (NLT)

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. Psalm 40: 1-2 (NLT)

O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don’t let me be disgraced.  Save me, for you do what is right.  … Love the Lord, all you godly ones!  For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes the arrogant.  So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord! Psalm 31:1, 23-24 (NLT)

The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid?  Wait patiently for the Lord. … Be brave and courageous.  Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27:1, 14 (NLT)

God will answer you in His time.  His blessings will come.  You’ll know His strengthening.  When it seems you’re not getting a lot of response from God, be persistent in trusting Him.  Accept the fact that God doesn’t do everything on our time table.  Anticipate and rejoice in the future deliverance He will bring.  Rejoice in the past blessings God has given you.  Keep honoring God, keep learning from Him, and keep dreaming of how God can work in and through your life.  And one day you’ll stop and look and see all the great things He has done in your life.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful verses for hope, strength, and patience in all things. In the midst of what seems like the impossible, when my heart seems to burst with pain, sadness or fear...I always hear a soft whisper in my spirit saying, "I've not forgotten you." The blessings never seem to come when I believe I need them most...they come when I "believe" in God's promises. So often I think I need that quick response as some type of evidence that God is listening to me. It's only when I "listen" to Him that I begin to realize how important timing is. When I choose to wait in God's presence and wisdom, His answers and blessings become a greater testimony in my life to share. God's word, His presence and His will is clearer when I come to Him with a grateful heart. Dear Father God I ask you to forgive the times I'm impatience and for forgetting that it is only in your time that all things are possible. Help me to let go of the remnants of human control and surrender to you completely in all things. Thank you Father for your mercy, forgiveness, love and understanding. In my darkest hours I pray you will always continue to whisper in my spirit..."I've not forgotten you." I give you all the praise and glory for the many blessings I've asked for and received and for those that are waiting for your perfect timing. All these things I ask in your precious son's name Jesus according to your will. Amen

    ReplyDelete