Monday, October 29, 2012

A DEEPENING WORSHIP OF THE EVERLASTING GOD


“I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.  I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.” Eph. 1:18-23 (NLT)

Is your life filled with Christ?  Does He have authority in your private life, public life, family, marriage, relationships, finances, giving, serving, your time, answers to your questions, plans, and dreams?  Only when we give the authority of our lives completely to Christ do we come to know fullness of life.  Only when we really believe God with our lives, families, material possessions, money, our actions, our words… will we know His power flowing through us.  Are you believing what God says?  That’s the key.  Jesus stated a lasting truth that recognizes God as the source of our lives.  This is worship of God:  “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matt. 6:33.

A.W. Tozer wrote:  “The Church has surrendered her once lofty concept of God… The low view of God entertained almost universally among Christians is the cause of a hundred lesser evils everywhere among us.”

Oh that we would turn completely to the Lord God, re-direct our lives to Him, and truly worship Him as our God.

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent”. John 17:3.

1 comment:

  1. This message leads me to examine the real truth in my life. Oh how I wish I could say that every area of my life I have surrendered completely to Christ. I have given him my soul completely, but it's in the act of surrendering my worldly circumstances I fail miserably at times. I know that the times I have fallen on my knees when I have nowhere to look but up into the loving eyes of my faithful God do I find comfort and peace. Knowing this...why wouldn't I always surrender to God's direction and authority for my life before I end up confused, crushed and broken? Why do I run from God at times? Is it shame, fear, unworthiness? Father God I come to you this day to ask for your forgiveness in the moments when I turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to your direction. Release in me my desire to control my life so that I can see and hear your direction and wisdom. Help me to understand the consequences in my life so that I can use them to grow and mature spiritually. I desire a continuing more deepening relationship with you. Thank you Father for you mercy, grace and forgiveness. All these things I ask in your precious son's name Jesus according too your will not mine. Amen

    ReplyDelete