Monday, April 30, 2012

UNVEILED FAITH


The old way, with laws etched in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face. For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away.  Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life?  If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God! … which remains forever!  Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away.  2 Corinthians 3:7-13 (NLT)

As a believer in Christ, you have a new life, generated and empowered by the Holy Spirit in you.  The old way of living, the old life, lived according to the Law of Moses, which included the Ten Commandments, only led to death for us.  We found ourselves condemned for breaking the Law.  It’s glory has faded. 
Now that we have Christ living in us in the Person of His Spirit, we have a new way to live, a new life.  Look at the advantages of this new life: 
-        It doesn’t fade away. 
-        It’s forever. 
-        The Holy Spirit keeps on giving us “liveliness”.  He keeps giving us a continual flow of energy, encouragement, and refreshment. 
-        The new life has made us right with God. 
-        We are growing more and more righteous in our everyday living, so that our way of life becomes more right with God.
With these advantages Paul says we have great confidence and courage.  We’re not like Moses who veiled his face and God’s glory because he didn’t want the people to see that it was fading from his face.  Instead we have the glory of God in us – the Spirit and the life - and we should therefore live confidently and courageously the new Christ-like life we have. 
Take courage and live confidently in front of others with an unveiled faith, reflecting the glory of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Pastor David for reminding me that when I accepted Christ and invited Him into my life that He didn't just spend a day with me and left. Perhaps my life's journey would have been different if I had remembered I've never been alone and I didn't need to frantically search for Him when I needed Him most. He was always there holding His hand out to me...a comforting reminder that He sacrificed His life for all the sins of the world including mine, that I was forgiven and loved...forever. The day's that were the darkest hid the beauty of Christ's light as I lived with blinders on. Now I understand that forgetting that Christ lives within me that I never drew on the fullness of His strength when I was at my weakest. Dear Father God forgive me for the times I've not acknowledged and honored your presence in my life. I thank you for your eternal light that can light up the darkest corner of my soul. Father I pray for your wisdom and direction so that my life will be refreshed, energized and encouraged. Lord forgive me for allowing the veil to fall on my face keeping others from seeing your light within me. Thank you for your mercy and love. I give you all the praise and glory for you are the "Great I AM" God above all. All these things I ask in Jesus name...Amen

    ReplyDelete