Monday, July 22, 2013

THE JOY OF GOD’S PRESENCE

The presence of God is not something to fear.  Rather it’s something to enjoy.  He made us with a capacity to enjoy Him.  It’s in the joy of the Lord that we discover the power and purpose of living.  In Psalm 16:11 (Amp) David said, You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy

Jesus tells us what we are to do in order to “experience” God’s presence first hand.  He says, “Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them” (John 14:21 NLT).  As you grow your love for Jesus by choosing to obey what He says, He will reveal His presence to you.  He will make Himself clear to you.  He will make Himself very real to you.  And the greater your awareness of His reality, the greater your joy. 

Jesus says, “If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done—kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love.  I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature” (John 15:10-11 Mes).  Following His commands and being at home in His love will increase your joy to overflowing.

1 comment:

  1. When I ponder on the words Jesus said about making himself at home in his fathers love it made me stop and think about what a loving home would feel like. Surely it is a place where I feel safe, provided for and protected. It is a place to learn right from wrong and for celebrating success. It is also a place of respect and obedience meaning there are consequences for disobedience. But the word home sounds so comforting. Our earthly homes can sometimes be just the opposite of the home Jesus described. Father God, I pray that I will make my home in your love. Help me to be the child you desire me to be. Forgive me of my selfish desires and place in my heart the desires that truly matter. I want to build my home in your love so that I might be filled with a joy that exceeds earthly understanding. I want to grow in all areas of my life that will be pleasing to you and honor you as my Father. At the end of the day may I always know that my home with you has wheels...you travel with me everywhere I go. Thank you for giving me a loving and forever home to grow up in. You are my joy, and my hope and I look forward to coming to your home one day in heaven. Until then I thank you for Providing me a home with you in my heart. For all these things I give you all the praise and glory. In your precious son's name and according to your will...Amen

    ReplyDelete