Monday, July 1, 2013

THE TENACITY OF TRUST

Sometimes it seems the Lord is taking a long time to answer our prayers.  It “seems” that way from our point of view.  David expressed his need to hear from God when he prayed, “O Lord, hear my plea for justice.  Listen to my cry for help.  Pay attention to my prayer, for it comes from honest lips.  …You have scrutinized me and found nothing wrong.  I am determined not to sin in what I say.  I have followed your commands … My steps have stayed on your path; I have not wavered from following you.  I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.  Bend down and listen as I pray” (Psalm 17:1-6 NLT).

You can do everything you know to do that is right.  You can serve God faithfully.  But answers to your prayers may seem a long time in coming.  God has His perfect timing, and He will answer in due time.  In the meantime our energy is to be given to serving Him and trusting expectantly in His promises.

Like Job, serve God because of Who He is, not for what you can get from Him.   Job said, “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face” (Job 13:15).  He knew God rewards righteousness and faith in Him. 

Keep trusting and hoping and anticipating in the Lord, even if you feel the answers to your prayers are delayed.  Remember God rewards faithfulness and He will show mercy and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment